Save my apps? To a folder?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Distearth, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Distearth

Distearth New Member

How can I download apps other than using installer. I see installer will use it's own folder as a source. I want to download all my favorite apps and store them on my computer then if I need to wipe out my iphone and recover I can just drag my favs to the installer folder then install at will? Is there a repository of apps stored somewhere? I have tried putting a source in to my browser but it takes me to the teams home page instead. Any help?
  2. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Extract the Applications folder to your desktop.
  3. Distearth

Distearth New Member

really? just saving the app is enough? hehe "app is enough" I loved that show. Anyway, would I drag it back in to the Applications folder or the installer folder?
  4. smontgfx

smontgfx New Member

Yea where do you put applications in what folder in the "/private/blah/blah"
  5. Distearth

Distearth New Member

I put my phone in airplane mode then, just tried dropping snapature into the installer folder but it didn't see it or something, i did a refresh on the sources too.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So, what is the installer folder for. What I want is to be able to drop everything back in there and install, things like, ssh, tinyproxy, ect. These things are not in the apps folder and I think they must be "installed" in order to do what they do. Am I wrong?