Save a comandline to terminal.app?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tgbnhy, Jan 22, 2008.

1. tgbnhy

tgbnhy New Member

Hi, I was just wondering it there is posibly a way to save a comandline I use often with terminal. This, to don't have to type it it every time.
    So I just have to like click on a file in springbord or in finder to run the comandline with terminal.
  2. spinner

spinner New Member

yes, install mobile text edit.app from installer. Use it to make a file with the command in it and when u save the file, don't save it as a .txt file. It will give you a save path option that will look exactly like this /var/root/Untitled.txt just change it to /bin/soda but don't put soda, put whatever you wan't to name the file as long as it's short and easy to type. Then change the permissions of the file to 755 with mobilfinder or terminal. Make sure system file access is toggled on in mobilefinder so you can access you /bin folder. Then just type the name of the file in mobile terminal and it will run the command. What command are u using so much btw?
  3. tgbnhy

tgbnhy New Member

oh, tanks, I actually allready made a textfil without the fileending with the comandline in it but I just put it in root and tried to execute it via finder and open with.
    So I just moved it with finder, changed the permission (and dubblechecked it with WinScp) and now I can execute that file with finder -> tap it -> open with,
    but if I write the filename in terminal (yes, I moved the file to ~/bin) it only says "zsh: command not found: *filename* "

Any wonder whats's wrong?
    And, I hadn't finder to access system file, it was off, but I still could get to the bin folder.
  4. tgbnhy

tgbnhy New Member

Oh, I get it now, I were in the regular bin older, not inte the absolute top root. but now it's there and the permissions changen and all things testet and workd great.

Thank you very much =)

And to your question:
    I care a lot about my own WLAN security and I go a technical education (sweden) and work for example with networks and on my spare time in school I check the network there (so I can surf with my touch everywere) and found the thread with the video on how to sniff packages yesterday. And I'm not familliar to that kind of networksecurity at all so I'm trying to lears so that I can protect my self from it.
    Therefor I will run the commandline often now today and the near days. And since I'm only familiar with the CMD on windows and C,C++,C# programming and '.Bat to execute commands with the comandprompt (CMD) I asked here.
    And no, I have no intentions to use this on oter to gain there information, I only like to lern sturr and to make my network more secure.
  5. spinner

spinner New Member

Thats because your putting into the wrong bin. You put it in ~bin when it needs to go in /bin. Turn ststem file access on. Then keep pressing the up button untill you cant anymore because it's gray. Now you are in the main root of your pod. You should see Applications and bin and System and a wholebunch of other folders. Put the file in the bin folder. This is the main root bin that terminal reads from. And what's the command you want to run? If it's something cool like metasploit or somethin, I wan't in on the info too.
  6. spinner

spinner New Member

No need to justify yourself to us! Your talkin to a guy who has Metasploit (the ultimate hacking tool in my opinion) working on my touch. And I'm not going to say it's for personal reasons. I will only say that I do not use it in a malicious way.
  7. tgbnhy

tgbnhy New Member

Hehe, okey, good to know

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hmm, what is this metasploit then? Now you got me interested ^^
    What can you do with it and how do I get it? =D
  8. cjfost

cjfost New Member

how did you get that Metasploit on your touch?
  9. iTouchCesar

iTouchCesar New Member

yeah man how? this is interesting all of a sudden. good thread overall