Sat radio thru wi-fi or Edge

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yankeeland, Jan 25, 2008.

1. yankeeland

yankeeland New Member

I done a search but can't find the post that addresses this topic, I've seen it in the past. Can any one point me in the right direction?
  2. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

Yeah. There are like a billion guides on this. But, I'll help you out. It's sooo easy.
    I have SIRIUS, but this works with XM, too, I believe.

Basically, do this:

Download the Orb 2.0 Client (orb.com) and make an account (it's free)

Download uSirius (http://www.millardsoftware.com/usirius) or uXM (http://www.millardsoftware.com/uxm) depending on which service you have.

Install both. Then, the idea is to get the URL of the streams of the stations out of uSirius or uXM and put them into the Internet Radio Favorites in ORB. Then you go to orb.com on your touch, click favorite internet radio stations, and it streams the sat. radio from your computer, through orb, to your touch.

The dowsides are obviously that you need to have your computer on and running with the two above programs on, a live broadband connection (who doesn't), and sometimes you have to configure your firewall(s) for like 10 different ports so that your touch can access orb.

-tsice19
  3. Elahrairah

Elahrairah Member

Boy I have tried everything (even changing the stream feeds, lowering speeds, etc) and I can't get it to work.

It looks like it works on my ipot, but no sound....uSirius shows the actions of changing channels when I select one, so I know the connection is good....and I can stream Orb to PC's no problem, just not the ipot

How did you learn of these "10 ports" you talk about?

Could you post a screen shot of what the page looks like when you actually have tunes playing? I want to compare it to what I see, maybe an icon is different or something...I even got people at Orb trying to help me.

Thanks.
  4. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

I had the same problem. Found out it was the router. What you have to do is forward 10 ports through the router. You can try enabling UPnP on your router, but it only helps sometimes.
    So, follow this guide:
    http://support.orb.com/support/solution.jsp?sol=178

Also, I didn't configure a static IP so skip that step and see if you can get it to work... if you can't then do that step. Also, this site: portforward.com allows you to find your router and it will give you step by step instructions on how to open up the necessary ports.

Also, it seems you have to open up 3, but I swear it was more for me.... they must've changed it.
  5. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

Also, yankeeland, how did you trade your touch for your iPhone? I'm looking to do that too.... my 8gig touch is in perfect condition.... no scratches, and I have the box and all the original accessories. Did you just send it back to Apple and tell them there were dead pixels or something? Also, I have a warranty and it was purchased about a month before Christmas.
  6. Elahrairah

Elahrairah Member

Finally got it....thanks to all those who helped.
  7. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

No problem. Have fun.
  8. Elahrairah

Elahrairah Member

Worked great, but then I tried from outside the house, and it wouldn't work. Went home last night and tried again, this time an error logged in uSirius. It never showed an error before. Was something like "ID not allowed or something" Wierd

Edit: This is the error

Unsupported user agent: NSPlayer/4.1.0.3936.