Samsung Star QWERTY to iPod Touch internet connection?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by YamiHoshi, Feb 20, 2010.

1. YamiHoshi

YamiHoshi New Member

Loads of people have asked for tethering their iPod Touch to a PC or Mac, and I know it's not possible.
    I've also found some tutorials for a Phone with Windoze Mobile 5 or 6, which can be an internet hotspot for iPod Touch 2G and 3G.

Well, I'm soon getting an iPod Touch 32GB, and I was wondering if I could use my Samsung Star QWERTY phone as an internet hotspot for the iPod Touch, like it's possible with Windoze Phone's.
    I'm in a bus or car every day, and I want to be connected during my trip, but my phone's browser just sucks.
    Don't be afraid for extra costs, I have Vodafone BLoX Prepaid with unlimited internet (my second month already).

I am able to connect my phone to my iMac and Ubuntu laptop and tether to it using Bluetooth.
    So my question is, can I use my phone to tether to the iPod Touch?
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

If you can transmit it wirelessly by creating a wireless internet connection that would show up on your computer's AirPort, then you should have no problem. However, the iPod touch cannot connect to the internet manually (wired).
  3. YamiHoshi

YamiHoshi New Member

No, not my computer, but my Phone, which could connect to the iPod Touch.
  4. 7R3N7

7R3N7 New Member

Hey I also wish to connect my iPod touch 4th Gen to my samsung star because of its crappy web browser. I was wondering how you enabled you samsung star to router it's net?
    Also my iPod sometimes when it asks to join a wireless network shows my phones name and other phones in the list? It has a different symbol like two circles joined instead Of the normal wifi symbol (I can screenshot it and upload a pic if you wish to see it), but when I click on it is try's to join but fails?
    Anyway thanks for your help
  5. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy Well-Known Member

this thread is a year old