Samsung omnia

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Jack Bauer, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am thinking of getting it. would you recomend it? and do i have to get a data plan or can i decline internet and just use wi fi
  2. mcyo

mcyo New Member

buy an iphone! (this is an apple forum!

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  3. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    No no no! Buy an iPhone 3G.
  4. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i can't get an iphone i have verizon and will stay with verizon. Can anyone offer me some help on the samsung omnia?
  5. Duykur

Duykur Banned

I would say no, just for the fact that samsung has brought out many touchscreen phones and they all sucked, thats why they have a new one. And i don't think this is any better.

and yes you can decline edge/3g and stick with wifi
  6. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i talked to rep about and she said that you can decline the data plan because i was thinking of getting the phone myself. It's a very cool phone and not as laggy as most WinMo phones. (demoed it in circuit city) But I wouldn't get it if you contract isn't up any time soon because in the second half of this year there will be WinMo 7 phones and probably much newer and cooler tech. But if you're contract is up soon you should get it as its very cool
  7. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

These people that are saying iPhone rulez dont get any other phone ever..are clueless.

The omnia is a great phone, I've spent a couple hours with it and its very nice (Although, I prefer the Saga more)

Concerning blocking data, it is possible, however in November Verizon implemented the mandatory data plan with all smartphones, but if you get a good CSR they can definetly put a data block on your account (but its not as much fun without data

)

However, I would advise you to hold off on buying a WM Phone, b/c at the Mobile World Congress in Spain next week, M$ will most likely debut windows mobile 6.5 (despite what most say, wm7 will NOT be out this year.) and as far as i know, the omnia is not capable of upgrading to 6.5.

Hope this helped!
  8. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Darn...Gizmodo lied to me....

But yeah WinMo 6.5 looks like a much needed update and i'm sure a better phone than omnia will come out with it or maybe an updated version (hardware not software) of the omnia.
  9. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i would get the htc touch pro or whatever for verizon. i've played with the at&t versions, called the fuze, and thought it was probably the best windows mobile phone i've ever tested. nicer interface than the omnia too. but luckily, iphone 3g and at&t for me