Same Album Name - Different Artists - All Songs Listed

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by BTID, Nov 26, 2009.

1. BTID

BTID New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have read some posts that allude to this problem but I did not come across a definitive answer.

I have several albums by different artists, where each album has the same name. For example, I have an album named "Live" by Artist A with 8 songs and another album named "Live" by Artist X with 10 songs. (They are distinct albums but happen to have the same name.)

iTunes lumps all 18 songs from both albums into the 2 different albums (twice) on my iPod touch. In other words I end up with 2 albums listed on my iPod, each album containing all 18 songs from both artists.

Why can't I get it to show the 2 albums BY EACH ARTIST, 8 songs for one album and 10 songs for the other? Should I be doing something with "Grouping"? I tried "Part of a Compilation" but it seemed to do nothing. Or is this an inherent flaw with iTunes and how songs get arranged onto my iPod touch?
  2. dman022193

dman022193 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Make sure the artist is the same. if its featuring someone, put it in the song title

and check the box beside the Album in Info
  3. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just add the album art yourself (copy and paste into the album art space) or select the songs from one album>get info> in the album artist space, type in the artist.
  4. cae1979

cae1979 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    in my new ipod 3rd G my song show up as.... well let me put it like this, 1 abum with 12 songs, many artist, in my album folder will show the 12 albums, one for every artist, why? the same album is repeated and all albums have the same songs in them
  5. lil_pj

lil_pj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah, adding album art yourself is better...

just copy and paste from google..you don't have to save as...

Make sure that the "Album Artist" is different from the other album artist..

And in my opinion..its better to add cover art..
  6. aeroxtunerrr

aeroxtunerrr New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    album problem

hi there i got sort of the same problem i got some albums on my ipod (touch 16bg 3.1.2) and on my ipod i see like 10 times the same album and in each album are all of my numbers but under the album you see the artist name in every album the name is different. those are the names of the artists in that album.

now my question how can i get those albums remove i just want 1 album with the numbers of that album and not 10 or more of the same albums with all the numbers in it.
    you know what i mean.... it looks like this

this is how it looks like in my ipod:

decibel 2009
    technoboy

decibel 2009
    dj viper

dance top 100
    shakira

dance top 100
    lady gaga

dance top 100
    millow

ect. but when i click on a album all the normal numbers are in it dont mather what album i click

i hope some1 can help me but i dont know it anymore

greatzzz
  7. PriteSprite

PriteSprite Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    heres what i do when that happens.

suppose Metallica releases an album called Live in Mexico and Iron Maiden releases an album called like that as well.

The album from Metallica I call it: "Live in Mexico [Metallica]" and the iron maiden "Live in Mexico [Iron Maiden]"