Safe mode on jailbroken 2g. strange.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Poki, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Poki

Poki New Member

We apologise for the inconvenience, but SpringBoard has just crashed.
    A recent software installation, upgrade, or removal might have been the cause of this. Your device is now unning in Safe mode. All extensions that support this safety system are disabled. Reboot ( or restart SpringBoard ) to return to the normal mode. To return to this dialog touch the status bar.

I've uninstalled all the packages that i've downloaded but still can't find a solution, i havnt seen any other threads related to this yet..

I'm not annoyed, because i can just restore, i just wanna get to the bottom of it..

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Dan
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What happens when you respring?
  3. Poki

Poki New Member

i respring, give it 3 seconds and it goes back into safe mode with a picture on the unlock screen as a sad square face saying " sad iPhone " by Geoff Stearns

edit:

"To get out of safe mode, I used PowerTool. I rebooted twice, and that didn’t work. I tried a hard reset, but this also didn’t work. I then did a soft reset of Springboard, and this worked. Maybe this was just a problem with me, or maybe others have experienced this. Either way, I hope this post helps."

How do i get into a soft springboard reset?
  4. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    that is safe mode, it is a safety net creäted by Saurik to help prevent users from gettin' a SWOD (spinnin' wheel of death) which bricks the iPod and makes the user restore to a clean firmware =\ If safe mode continues to be a problem, turn off the iPod and go through the boot sequence associated with the 2G Jailbreak
  5. Poki

Poki New Member

I've already rebooted that last step of the jailbreak, but it didn't work, do you mean a full jailbreak reset?

Thanks
  6. reccos121

reccos121 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is definitely happening to me as well. Last time I just uninstalled intelliscreen and it went away for a while, however now its back and I'm worried something bad is happening.
  7. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had to re jailbreak when it happend to me. its been a while though. i was tethered then
  8. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

i guess thats the only option.
  9. reccos121

reccos121 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nvm, in regards to my previous post I still think it is intelliscreen (I forgot to remove it again after restore) But I'm pretty sure it is the root of most springboard crashes (For me anyways). I hope this helps, but if all fails iPods are designed to run the Apple designed/approved firmware only!
  10. xLiXaZnBbOi

xLiXaZnBbOi New Member

mine does dat a lot wen i used vwallpaper
    as soon as i took it off it stopped goin into safe mode
    but i duno wuts da real answer to it
    all i kno is mine was vwallpaper