safe books update?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by berky93, Apr 25, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I saw somewhere the new update of books is incredibly unstable. is this true? or is it safe to install?
  2. crosswire

crosswire New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i updated mine and now its not working..Anyone know how to revert back to old one manually?
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

ok I'm not going to update then...

and try going a site like appleipphoneschool.com to find a download of the app. they probably wont have the newest one.
  4. tsinghua

tsinghua Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The latest EBooks is stable. It is safe to update.
  5. tipicus

tipicus New Member

Ver 1.4-r469 is the latest version coming up on my installer and (on my iphone at least) it's completely broken. All you get when you fire it up is the waiting symbol and an information window halfway off the screen with nothing in it.

There's a "fix" posted on the Books website re deleting preference files which doesn't actually work.

Frustrating.

[Edit] Having posted that I've just managed to fix it using some other info on the Books site...

Go to http://code.google.com/p/iphoneebooks/wiki/Troubleshooting113 and execute the two commands under "fixing permissions". You may need to create the directory EBooks under /var/mobile/Media/ first. Your book files should go into this directory.

I did this, rebooted the phone and all is now fine

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. tdavie

tdavie New Member

I'm running it on an iLiberty broken 1.1.4 32 gb touch. This was wih using iLiberty 1.3.0.113 Books installed wihtout a hitch and zero problems. Even with my apps and books/etc being stored on the media portion of the ipod. But, I suppose milage varies.

Tom