safari sync messed up?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by berky93, Nov 21, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I, about the time I first got my ipod, tried to sync bookmarks from my computer to my ipod by checking the safari bookmark box in itunes. ever since then I have had a bookmarks bar and bookmarks menu folders in my ipod's safari app, and I cant figure out how to remove it. I figure if I can somehow remove those folders from safari then sync it will be fixed, but they cant be deleted.

I guess the problem is that the safari app was built using the same code as the safari program, so it thinks its a desktop when dealing with those folders.

EDIT: I found how to do it on a mac, but I'm on a pc. but I figured out that apparently the same trick works on a pc with internet explorer. heres how to do it:

1) delete all of the bookmarks in internet explorer (if you want to save them, go into c:\users\[you]\favorites and back them up somewhere, to put back into internet explorer after youre done)

2) set your ipod to sync bookmarks with internet explorer, and when you hit apply, press merge

3) go into internet explorer and delete the bookmarks menu and links folders in your bookmarks

4) set your ipod to have the bookmarks on it be replaced with the internet explorer bookmarks (under the tab where you select to sync with internet explorer)

5) sync your ipod, and open safari: you're done!

6) [optional] move your original bookmarks back into internet explorer.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks for the tip.