Safari sucks?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RaymondK8, Feb 16, 2010.

1. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Well, it doesn't really.
    I just think that it's pretty crap sites recognise my iPod Touch as a phone, and it makes the website supposedly compatible for a phone.
    Fair enough.

But why does it suck? Search engines on sites are usually fine(like YouTube) but on Safari on the iTouch, the search engine is incredibly inaccurate and websites are just generally very limited.

So, putting the rant aside, I just want to ask - is it possible to make it that websites don't detect my iPod Touch as a portable device (well it is but..) and just display the web page as it would on a computer?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

EDIT: My iPod Touch is jailbroken, so if there are different browsers available for jailbroken iPod's, then can you tell me how to download it?
    I have <OH DAYUM> and all that, but I just got my iPod Touch yesterday so I'm a noob at all of this.
  2. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why isn't my first post showing up..?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Uh.
    OK, I can't be bothered re-typing the whole post again so I'll cut it short.

Is there any possible way to make websites run normally on Safari, instead of the website running in a phone compatible mode?

Sorry for the double post.
  3. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    UAFaker SBSettings Toggle.

Fakes your user agent to one running Firefox 3.0.
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Erm... the search engine is google. The same as the google on your computer. It's not more or less inaccurate than anything else. Safari can also access virtually every website that you need to use. Sure there is the occasional formatting issue, but it's usually not a problem.

OH DAYUM MUFFf***A WE DON'T ALLOW 1N5T4LLYU05 HERE BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL. However, there are some extra browsers you can find on the APP STORE.
  5. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for replying, will try these things out later.

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear. I meant the search engine within the site.

e.g. if I searched certain things on a site, let's say um... YouTube (mobile version) the search results would be fairly inaccurate and some things may even be irrelevant. As for the desktop version of YouTube, the search results would be fairly accurate and show things that I want to.
    It's not only YouTube, I find that lots of 'mobilised' websites are like that.
  6. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    maybe is it like on youtube, in the bottom of the page you have: iphone mode, PC mode, mobile mode