Safari Sucking the life out of ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DarkWrath, May 21, 2009.

1. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My ipod ha sbeen slow recently (been freezing on coverflow etc.) I installed Sysinfoplus on cydia and opened it up. I found this on the processes app. Safari ALWAYS pops up. even when i have closed it, it still comes up as sucking up 30+ mbs of my ram. is it safe to stop the process? Any help?

Attached Files:

2. korvmannen

korvmannen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes it is.

To clear my ram, I usually go into safari, start holding the home button until safari closes by itself. By then, no apps are running and I have around 40-45 mb RAM.
  3. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thanks. That instantaneously cleared 36mb of ram. Someone should really sort out that memory leak. is it meant to be like that? I never get anything similar with any other apps (cydia etc.)
  4. korvmannen

korvmannen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No idea actually, maybe it stays in the RAM for quick access if you wan't to browse again.

I don't understand why the Ipod touch has such a low amount of RAM, considering the functions it sports.

My other crap mp3 has 256 mb ram which is way to much, atleast it's better than too little.

Safari, music, video player doesn't close fully even when pressing home button.
    You have to exit them manually
  5. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    oh well. At least i've realised how to cut it out. (processes-sbsettings). That was a real drag on my ram having my ipod app running with safari in the background. (only left with 5mb ram!)
  6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

I usually make another tab at the end and then close the old one. It closes safari completely.
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

i usually hold the Home button until Safari closes. then it wont run in the background until you reopen it.
  8. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Install SBSettings, and then install the Processes SBSettings app, and then you can free up RAM so your iPod can run faster.
  9. firstEncounter

firstEncounter Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    MemTool is a great app from Cydia also. It works better than any other process manager I've used so far.