Safari stops my music!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by francis, Oct 19, 2007.

1. francis

francis New Member

If I play a song, then open Safari to surf the web, the music stops playing within seconds of opening Safari. It seems as though this happens especially when viewing large web pages with lots of images.

When this happens, I double-tap the home button and the song title isn't shown. I try to click play, and it plays a completely different song, from the beginning.

I've had this problem before AND after jailbreaking my iPod (and after several restores). Has anyone else experienced this problem? (Play a song and surf the web for a few minutes. Does your music stop playing?) It's not a HUGE issue for me, since I don't really care about Safari and Music at the same time. But it's annoying regardless. Comments would be much appreciated!
  2. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It may be trying to save memory if the sites (as you say) have lots of images. I have never experienced this before though.
  3. FamousLastMCRmy

FamousLastMCRmy New Member

This happens to me quite a bit too, except I have to completely restart my iPod to hear any songs. It can be quite annoying sometimes, but it isn't a huge issue. I've heard other reports of it spred around the web too.
  4. DannySmurf

DannySmurf New Member

I think the problem here may actually be the Summerboard alpha. I'm having a similar problem, which did not start to occur (even after I jailbroke) until I installed Summerboard.
  5. pod

pod New Member

I have the same problem guys
    my iPod is 2 weeks old and I don't hack it yet
    this is a iPod bug that apple maybe fix it with new firmware
  6. jleetj

jleetj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had this problem quite often when I first got my touch. After using it for a few days I jailbreaked it and, among other things, replaced the mobilemusicplayer.app on my itouch with the one from an iPhone (which has a smaller file size) and in the past 4 or 5 days since, it has only happened once with a troublesome website...
  7. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    i had this problem when i was on meebo or jivetalk. it would stop the music and i would have to choose another song from the music list just to start the music again
  8. Mac

Mac New Member

Weird

my ipod touch will skip to the first song in my library sometimes in safari nad sometimes it just stops playing..........weird
  9. fury

fury New Member

My iPod touch had this problem rather frequently. But I have only had it happen once so far since setting up my iPhone last night.
  10. francis

francis New Member

Yes, this is exactly what is happening with mine, I forgot to mention that it also skips to the first song in my library, once I tap the play button.

jleetj, That is interesting, I will try to replace mobilemusicplayer.app with the iPhone version. Is it simply a matter of switching the folders?