safari sluggish and slow

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by anchovies, Mar 1, 2008.

1. anchovies

anchovies New Member

I recently placed my ipod touch into a dlo videoshell case and it seems that ever since that point afterwards, safari has been sluggish and slow on me. For instance, pages would take forever to finish loading and the progress bar would stall with about 80% completion for about 20 seconds. My ipod has not been jailbroken and i have tried restoring it several times.

Is my ipod touch defective since i don't recall it being like this in the beginning?

Also, could you guys try visiting the sites www.gamespot.com and www.ign.com on your touch? Tell me how long your touch took to finish loading the page and if it was sluggish even after the page finished loading. Especially on gamespot, my touch would still be a bit sluggish after the page loaded.
  2. c0mmun1st4lyf3

c0mmun1st4lyf3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    a good 10 sec .... scrolling is fine though ....

renew lease on wifi see if that helps
  3. anchovies

anchovies New Member

I just tried that and it still has the problem... Are you sure your browsing ok on the site ? Try scrolling up and down many times. It seems that it would do it for a bit and then pause on me for a good 5 seconds before it responds again. Also, when rotating the ipod on this site, it seems to take longer than on other pages. Could it be that this site is more graphic intensive and therefore takes longer to process?