Safari problem with link opening new page

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iAMboognish, Dec 25, 2007.

1. iAMboognish

iAMboognish New Member

every time safari opens a new page when I click on a link it also changes the older page into the same link. So when I "X" the new page, the orig. page turns into the linked page AND un-highlights the back button making it useless. So... I have to restart browsing like the session has just begun.... OR actually I can go back on in effect because the "history" actually still works... NE1 else having this problem???
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont quite understand what you mean, but what i gathered from it was, you click a link in safari, it opens a new page for that link, and when you close the page for the link you just opened, it takes you to a blank page?
  3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think I know what you're talking about - it seems to happen when you click on a link that opens a second window. It appears to happen when you don't let it finish loading the second window, you close it before it finishes loading. Instead of closing your new window it acts like it's closed your old one and you're SOL. Very annoying...
  4. lvlln

lvlln New Member

Yes, this is a well known problem. I've gotten around it by using the bookmarklet Tabulate, which allows you to pop up a menu to open a link in a new tab. However, this is an unfortunate workaround, since it takes 4 clicks (bookmarks->Tabulate->link->Open in New Tab) to do what SHOULD take only 1 click on any competent browser.

Safari also has a major cache and history problem. Seriously, is it that hard to save a string of URLs for each tab instead of magically forgetting them every time it loses its cache? The OS partition has over 200MB for Christ's sake! It should take less than 200KB of space to do that for as many tabs as Safari can handle before crashing!