safari portrait mode doesn't work anymore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blajeans, Dec 2, 2007.

1. blajeans

blajeans New Member

hey,
    i don't what caused this but my safari doesn't give me the portrait mode anymore. when i start it it acutally does open in portrait mode but after a second it automatically turns around 90 degrees counterclockwise to landscape mode... although i am holding it upright... i can do whatever i want (like rotate my ipod like crazy) but safari stays in portrait mode...
    except for installing customize and updating gpsphone to 1.0.0 i don't think that i changed anything....

did this happen to you too?? what can i do to get back the portrait mode??...
  2. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

maybe your accelerometer is messed. restore it, and send it back to apple if the problem persists.
  3. blajeans

blajeans New Member

after restoring my ipod safari (and other acclerometer based apps like photos, iphysics) was still not working... then i just hit my ipod (not too hard) for a few times and *bam* suddenly it worked... now i am going through the time consuming jailbreaking and installing of all apps again...
    i don't know how the acclerometer works but i guess it is something mechanical inside of the ipod that somehow got stuck somewhere...after hitting my ipod everything works fine again...it is just a pity that i didn't find out before i restored it

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

is it cold where you live? I always wondered how cold weather would effect the ipod. i'll find out soon enough lol
  5. blajeans

blajeans New Member

i live in germany and it is about 5 degrees celsius over here...i leave my window open over the night and it is colder during the night.... but i didn't use my ipod today until afternoon and it should have warmed up until then...
    but maybe it was below zero during the night and something froze... and condensation water somehow made the accelerometer get stuck somewhere... i'll see if it happens again as it gets colder very soon anyways...
  6. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    there is an environmental requirements on an ipod for a reason.
  7. blajeans

blajeans New Member

what exactly are environmental requirements??
    i think anything that expensive should work at any time in central europe... and it is really not that cold over here yet... i mean, i saw them selling the ipod in finland a month ago... i mean what is the point of selling it there when you can only use it near a fireplace...

Please Register or Log in to view images