Safari Password Login Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PhantomSpaceCop, Nov 28, 2009.

1. PhantomSpaceCop

PhantomSpaceCop New Member

Jul 7, 2009
    This is a bit of a strange glitch I've been having since I upgraded to 3.1.2. The wireless internet I connect to is provided by my apartment complex and requires a password. The funny thing is whenever you are brought to the login page and you click login, both the actual login page and a stupid little pop-up thingie that says "please close this window if it has not closed already" appear.

On 2.2.1, as on my regular internet, the annoying pop-up appeared in a separate window, so I could easily close the pop-up window and get on with the logging-in. In 3.1.2, where you are taken to a special login window that cannot be rotated or closed out of until you have logged in, when I click the login button, the "please close this window" pop-up appears in the same window that the regular login page is. So, despite the window telling me to "close the window if it has not closed already", I can't because I need that one window to login!

I've played around with different Safari settings and switching randomly from DHCP to Static, etc, to maybe fool the pop-up into not opening, and that's worked approximately two times. But it's very irritating and frustrating to have to struggle to quickly type in all your login info in the little boxes when the pop-up appears faster than you can type.

Is there a way to downgrade JUST Safari back to the 2.2.1 version...or something? I like the 3.1.2 Safari otherwise, but logging in at my house is a half-an-hour pain in the arse.
  2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Apr 11, 2008