Safari on 1.1.2 ipod touch crashes more then lindsey lohan

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xskyhigh247x, May 15, 2008.

1. xskyhigh247x

xskyhigh247x New Member

Safari on my 1.1.2 ipod touch crashes more then lindsey lohan....HELP NEEDED

Ok, here goes,

Yesterday safari was working perfectly. Then I reset network settings and all settings, now when ever I try to load safari it pops up for less then a second i hear click click and then I get a black screen. Then I tap the home key and I'm back to the lock screen (main screen with "tap here to unlock"). If i try safari again it will open into bookmarks and when i tap done, again, a black screen and locked only this time i can not unlock and i have to power down and restart.

I am running 1.1.2 on a jailbroken touch. I've been experiencing problems ever since I tried finding a way to watch netflix on my mac desktop, where i downloaded some open-source program to allow IE on mac, which I then had to reinstall the operating system in order to install X11. This little experiment ended poorly, all default settings were restored and overall a major regret, although all my programs were not uninstalled. The connection to the iPod is that iTunes needed to be removed and reinstalled because it was not recognizing the iPod due to the missing AppleMobileDevice files, and was possibly exacerbated from linking my iPod to a different mac in order to transfer files from it. But by the end of all this BS, iTunes was working properly. I don't know if this has anything to do with the iPod but i thought i should mention it just in case.

I have tried resetting, rebooting, playing with all the safari settings and resetting and rebooting. I have done this on 3 different networks, and all my other apps i.e. installer, simplify media, iFlix, work perfectly and connect to the net with no problems. I don't want to have to restore the pod and let the hours I've spent customizing it go to waste.

Is there any way to fix this, maybe remove safari and reinstall it, without losing everything? Any and all ideas are welcome.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. xskyhigh247x

xskyhigh247x New Member

ok well i got no help here so I just restored my ipod.