Safari not storing Cookies correctly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by swskeptic, Mar 12, 2008.

1. swskeptic

swskeptic New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 16gig touch with several additional apps.

The safari browser isn't saving cookies at all even though that option is turned on in settings.

Does anyone know how to fix this without SSHing and all that because I don't know how to do that.
  2. getisboy

getisboy New Member

I think you're gonna need to use ssh or find someone who knows how to. When that happens you need to change the permissions of /var/mobile/Library/Cookies to 770 by running the command "chmod -R 770 /var/mobile/Library/Cookies" or by using the GUI. There are tutorials on ssh if you search.
  3. swskeptic

swskeptic New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright, well, I just downloaded "Putty", do you think you could help me out from there? I'm basically clueless when it comes to SSHing.
  4. getisboy

getisboy New Member

I'm not familiar with Putty but once you get to a login window, the host name will be your iPod's IP address, your user name should be root, and the password should be alpine. If the port number isn't already in, set it to 22. Once in, you need to open a terminal (I'm not sure how to in Putty) and in the terminal type the command I gave you.
  5. swskeptic

swskeptic New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I couldn't figure out putty either, so I installed WinSCP which seems to be less complicated and easier to use.

But only one problem.

I enter my iPods IP Address, the user name, and the password, and set the port to 22, but I get this error:

"Network Error: Connection Refused"

I try to re-connect but I get the same error. Any ideas?
  6. getisboy

getisboy New Member

Not sure. That could happen if you're using the wrong IP. Also make sure the protocol is set to SFTP.
  7. swskeptic

swskeptic New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's the right IP and the protocol is set to SFTP. It's still not working though. Do I need something installed in the iPod first maybe?
  8. getisboy

getisboy New Member

Oops. Sorry. You need openssh installed and to do that you also need the bsd subsystem.
  9. swskeptic

swskeptic New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol, don't worry about it, let me give that a shot and I'll let you know how it goes

EDIT: I didn't see any change with what you told me to execute, but I followed the directions in this thread and I think I may have gotten it to work. It seems to have worked but I'm restarting my iPod to double check.

-a few minutes later-

Yup, it worked!
  10. itouchyoutwice

itouchyoutwice New Member

set permission to 770 or 755?