Safari not saving cookies - google says MobileSafari is not supported!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by sdschramm, Apr 27, 2009.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Basily the problem is, when I go to a website like google reader, etc that require you to log in and save the information, that info is never saved. I then have to re-log in every time. And after about 10 mins it logs me out as well. It "forgets me"

And I know this has already been posted by someone.....IT WAS ME - but no one every answered it.

What prompted me the fact to repost this is another issue that may be related.

Look what I got when I tried to log into google:

Please Register or Log in to view images

And yes, the settings are set to ALWAYS allow cookies!

any ideas?
    -Scott
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I think there was something on Cydia called cookiefix or something like that. Search for it, it MIGHT solve the problem. As for using GMail, you can always use the stock MAIL application.
  3. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sorry, forgot to mention that I have tried that "cookie fix" app, and it does absolutely nothing. There is also an option like that to fix cookies within the supreme preferences. I've tried that as well - no luck.
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

why not use Mail?

as for that issue, im not sure because i just tried it out and it works with me.
  5. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I do use the mail.app but in order to use google reader, you have to sign in to google using safari and sometimes when you log into your google account, it will use the gmail log-in (that why it says gmail) as the gmail log on and general google log in are the same

UPDATE: I think i fixed it! I am going to use it for the next few days to see if I have any more issues. If not, and everything works, I'll make a [GUIDE:] so that everyone else can do it!