Safari keeps "forgetting me" - how to save passwords?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sdschramm, Mar 27, 2009.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just as the title says....ever since I jailbroke to 2.2.1 safari keeps forgetting my "logins." For example, I'll sign into google, check the "remember me" box and yet the next time I try and get back in, I am "kicked out" and "forgotten" and I have to log back in again.

I tried the "safari cookie fix" and that did nothing. And now I have a "half installed package" which they say is normal if it does that - yet it still does not work, and now I get that message all the time. So I have removed that "fix"

I then did some searching and found this but its for 1.x.

So does anyone have a fix for for 2.2.1?
  2. dollybob

dollybob New Member

I don't know if you've solved this already but I was having the same problem and I just figured it out. I was reading somewhere about changing the permissions on Cookies.plist and it said to change the file at <root>/private/var/root/Library/Cookies which did nothing for me. But I found if you change the permissions on Cookies.plist to 777 at:
    <root>/private/var/mobile/Library/Cookies
    it should fix it! Hope this helps some people.
  3. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks, I'll give that a try some time. Right now I'm having some problems getting re-jailbreak and stuff, and at the moment I am running the LEGAL 2.2.1 and it is doing it on that as well!

But once I re-jailbreak, I'll give that a try!