Safari In Trouble

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by camickcwr, Apr 28, 2009.

1. camickcwr

camickcwr New Member

I connected to my touch with ssh and I removed safari, but made a backup on my my pc of the app. Reasons for doing so were to limit the ipod's ability to access the internet. I was told that so long as I create a backup, it should be alright to remove safari completely from the ipod. Well I went to put it back on the ipod, it shows up as an icon just as if it was never gone. But when I tap on it, it will start as if it were going to open but then it stops and brings me back to the desktop again. I was wondering if there is a way to restore safari without having to do a full restore on the ipod itself. Is there a way to in a sense reinstall safari?
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    If you go into settings and select general then restrictions. You could have easily disabled safari without deleting it. Did you put the proper permissions for the app?
  3. camickcwr

camickcwr New Member

It doesn't have anything to do with the restrictions, i actually fully removed safari app by deleting it using the finder app and removing it from the trash bin, after backing it up on my pc. But simply replacing it back in didn't seem to work.
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I know I was just saying you could have set a password to use safari instead of deleting it. Check the permissions of the other default apps then use the same for safari.