Safari forgetting that you were...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Zero3K, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Zero3K

Zero3K New Member

...on a certain website when multiple pages are open and you switch between them. Has this happened to anyone else?
  2. JMAG117

JMAG117 New Member

This happens to me a lot using Google Reader (the full version, not the mobile one). When I click a link on a story, it opens in a new tab, and more often than not once I finish reading it and close the tab, the old Google Reader tab has turned all-white, and when I switch to it, it reloads as whatever page I just closed. I realize this is probably because I'm using the more complex desktop version, but I prefer the interface.
  3. lvlln

lvlln New Member

No, it's a common problem with ANY link that automatically launches another tab. The original tab keeps trying to load the new page, and even pressing X won't stop it (although the load will never complete). And if Safari loses the cache of the original page, it'll then load the new page, which is what sometimes happens after you close the new tab. This is a problem Apple definitely needs to address in an update. I've been getting around it by using the bookmarklet Tabulate, which allows you to choose exactly how to open each link (either in the same tab or in the new tab) to open links that I know open in new tabs.