Safari Flash Support?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by menoats, Jan 2, 2008.

1. menoats

menoats New Member

I recently got a iPod touch for Christmas, I absolutely love it. I don't know how I got along without it. Instead of reading magazines before I go to sleep I now surf and read. My only problem is the flash support. I know jailbreak allows several features to be unlocked does it also enable flash support on browsing?

I also heard that Apple will allow developers to release software for themselves in February so there is no point jailbreaking your iPod Touch. Which I don't see why would be a problem since you can restore it but I thought I would see if any of this is true or what exactly Apple will allow developers to create if anyone knows.
  2. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Flash is a myth. They may or may not release one. In feb they are going to release an SDK.
  3. menoats

menoats New Member

I decided to do a search after my post, and it seems a lot of people are demanding flash. I honestly don't see what the problem is with flash. It clearly can play it if it plays the youtube videos. They should simply implement a play button for all flash files. So the page would load normally and you just press play and the flash would open in a separate window. I mean don't expect to play flash games people but videos should work.
  4. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Should have done that before your post.
  5. Nevermind42592

Nevermind42592 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Those youtube videos have been converted specifically for ipod touch/ iphone. they aren't flash.
  6. menoats

menoats New Member

I agree.

Crap, I did not know that, I just assumed Apple was holding out on the flash on purpose or perhaps because of the whole tilt screen option changing the view causing some problems with the flash. I figured flash would be easy since the iPod resizes everything and flash is great at doing that. I'm pretty sure the iPod touch has the power to run flash. It might take someone who knows what they're doing and installing another browser but I'm sure flash is not something incredibly difficult for the iPod touch to perform.
  7. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If the touch can remote desktop then surely it's possible that it could be able to run flash at some point.
  8. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

Not. Significant. At. All.
  9. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You think not? Hmm.
  10. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Running a VNC and running Flash are very different things. VNC is really just about relaying functions back and forth and relaying the display from the server to the client. Flash is an entire language of its own with its own bitmap and vector graphics libraries (both 2D and 3D). Flash is a lot more involved than a comparatively simple VNC app.

I am certain that it will be supported eventually, but not right now, and probably not for a while.