Safari Download Manager & SSH... HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MikoTail, Oct 15, 2009.

1. MikoTail

MikoTail New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Here's some info of what I'm using:
    Jailbroken iPod Touch 3G (tethered, 3.1.1, used blackra1n).
    Using iTunes 9.

After jailbreaking, I was interested in getting Safari Download Manager so I could download files when I am at school for example then bring them home and put them on my computer.

Why? I have dial-up internet at home (Yeah it still exists, unfortunately...) and if it takes 30 mins to download the average song, what if I want a program thats like 20MB? I'd rather download at school in a few mins and bring home rather than downloading at home for 20309234 hours.

What Safari Download Manager is:
    Safari Download Manager is an app in Cydia that costs $2 (Would prefer to get it free/cracked, not that important atm, I have more problems) and acts as a plug-in for the safari browser and allows you to download many file formats from the internet and saves them into a folder on your iPhone/iPod.

So after researching I found out the only way you'd be able to access this folder was by SSH. I did some more research and found a variety of programs that would SSH using a wifi connection.

Well the problem is, I don't have wifi at my house, I have dial-up (Yes, once again, horrible... I know.).

So I lost hope at this point, I even cried a little IRL. But after some googling, I found that SSH through USB was possible with some programs using iTunes 8 but not iTunes 9.

While browsing these forums, I came across a program that SSHed through USB and worked for iTunes 9 - iPhone Explorer.

To my excitement, I downloaded and ran it but then found out I could not access the main folders such as /var/. I could only access /var/mobile/Media... This is useless to me because the downloads from Safari Download Manager do not download here!

What I am looking for:
    A program that will allow me to browse all files/folders on my iPod using USB and is compatible with iTunes 9.

If that's an impossible find then what are my alternatives?
    Downgrading from iTunes 9 to iTunes 8?
    Can I fully explore my iPods files using USB connection? HOW?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Strakele

Strakele New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm interested in this as well. It seems as though programs like iPhone Explorer and iPhone Browser don't recognize that our 3G touches are jailbroken, so we can't access all folders. Does this have something to do with the jailbreak being tethered for the 3rd gen devices?

I can access everything through WinSCP, but doing it over USB is sooo much faster. Is there anything that works?
  3. AndyMosh

AndyMosh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i would like to ssh through usb as well.. ipod touch 3g using WinSCP
  4. Inferno625

Inferno625 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can download an app on cydia : mobile terminal !
    The commands are the same as ssh.
  5. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That's useless info, he's trying to access them from his computer...

@ All you 3G users, have you try adding afc2add from cydia onto your iPod? (I think that's right, but i'm not jailbroken ATM

Please Register or Log in to view images

)