Safari DL Plugin problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by APXOHT, Feb 24, 2009.

1. APXOHT

APXOHT New Member

Hey, guys. I installed the Safari DL plugin and it does not work. When I try to download somthing, I hit the Download button and Safari just closes... Why is that and can I fix it somehow? I am with semi-tethered if that matters... Thanks in advance.
  2. elios

elios New Member

3. darktwinkle

darktwinkle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This happens to me too. Very annoying. I also have a semi-tethered jb.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

that happened to me too - but then I heard that [PIRACY]us installs a modified sfari downlaod plugin so you can download cracked apps from safari. I figured it was a good bet that they made sure that it worked with the new jailbreaks, since the app was made only recently. so I uninstalled the safari download plugin (important that the oldp lugin is gone) and installed [PIRACY]us. then I removed the [PIRACY]us app from var/stash/applications, leaving only its modified safari download plugin. lo and behold, it works! I can download things just as they should and safari doesnt crash. the only thing I don't like is it doesn't say complete, just reaches 100%, so I found its best to leave it at 100% for five or so seconds.

so if you can't get the download plugin, just install [PIRACY]us and then use ssh or finder to delete the app. if you uninstall it with cydia, it will uninstall the download plugin too.

oh, and I am NOT condoning the use of cracked apps or applications that install cracked apps. I'm just informing you all of a way to fix the safari download plugin. hopefully someone can figure out why that version of the plugin works, and can put up a fixed one as a standalone install on cydia.
  5. elios

elios New Member

Thank you very much!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images