Safari Constantly Crashing....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by agarwal1, Oct 20, 2008.

1. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Is it just me or does Safari crash a little too often now? Ever since I jailbroke and added customizations, my safari operates at a pretty slow rate and freezes non-stop. Pages with a lot of images or a lot of text stop the phone's activity and I'm returned to the home screen. Any possible fix or tip I can do to stop this? Anyone else notice this?
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Reboot or Restore or Both
  3. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    safari would crash for me whenever i would unsleep it and try to refresh a page before it refound the wifi in my house. id just have to wiat for wifi and refresh. i think they fixxed that with the 2.1.x firmware.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

That's odd - what web pages are you going to? Safari has an issue with large pages. Also, what'd you customize or install after jailbreaking? Anything that's running a background process that could be eating RAM? Or are you using two tabs?
  5. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well its not fancy webpages or anything. The site that it crashes the most on is here at IPTF. Customizing, I only changed the theme and applied the Mac UI theme in cydia which changes the look of safari but I don't think that should change its performance. Background processes could be a possibility with other apps open but most of the time, safari is the only one operating. I usually only have one tab open too.

By the way, I am on 2.1.
  6. Jarlath

IPTF definitely shouldn't be crashing you - it's relatively low-bandwidth, and the forum pages aren't very big, not invidually (at least, not according to my desktop browser, which I'm using to check file sizes). Again, what apps do you have running? PocketTouch has to run a service in the background for it to work. Are you running anything with Backgrounder? Does it freeze up and then crash back to the SpringBoard, or does the whole iPod lock up?
  7. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Nope, I don't even have pockettouch or backgrounder. Like I said, I hardly have any other apps running in the background. Safari does freeze up and crash back.
  8. Jarlath

Factory restore your iPod and jailbreak again with the OFFICIAL QuickPwn (blog.iphone-dev.org, not that quickpwn.com garbage). You probably used Morphey's QuickPWN which has some issues due to the fact he used a MobileInstallation file from firmware 2.0 and has caused problems with instability on other iPods.