Safari bookmarks shown as apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by deleted account, Aug 25, 2010.

1. So I had a thought today. Is there any way to have a Safari bookmark show up as say, an app icon in a way, so that when you would touch it on the springboard, it would open up safari and take you to the bookmark?

I don't know if that's even possible, or if it is and I just can't find anything about it. The only thought I had was how when you would make blank apps as place markers, I believe they were empty bookmarks of sorts. I dunno, thought I'd throw that out there haha. Anybody able to shine some light on the subject?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Yep, just visit the site you want, press the plus button on the bottom and then 'Add to Home Screen'.
  3. Well I feel dumb now haha. Shows how much I use Safari. Thank you ChrisL! In case it helps anybody, I added a few bookmarks and I also have infiniboard installed, and it wouldn't let me scroll down to the bookmarks. It would bounce up to the higher level where actual apps were. A simple holding down an icon to move them fixed it

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I've had the adjusting problem like you mentioned, normally a respring fixed it though. For me it wasn't bookmarks though, just apps