safari backup 2.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by mnl831, Feb 13, 2009.

1. mnl831

mnl831 New Member

does anyone have a copy of mobilesafari.app
    mine crashes at start up and im not sure why it was fine eralier today
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    We can't post it here. It's copyrighted by Apple. Just use MyFox, it's in Cydia and it's just as good if not better.
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Sargeant Pepper: If I'm right, the issue is a WinterBoard theme that's using UIKit which is causing the crash... which means MyFox won't work either, since it also depends on the same UIKit routines that MobileSafari uses.

mnl831: Uninstall the 'Reflective Dock' theme, then disable WiFi and reopen Safari. You can re-enable WiFi afterwards, and it should work fine.
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Reflective dock and wifi have nothing to do with safari crashing. I have reflective dock and safari works just fine. I also am using a theme that has UIimages and UIsounds with NO problem.
  5. jesus_bon_jovi

jesus_bon_jovi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    By any chance would you have installed ImaSafari in order to try to add a toggle in Settings to disable images in Safari? yesterday i installed this and caused Safari to not work anymore. it would load. freeze. then crash to launcher. I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I couldn't figure out exactly which files were modified. I eventually had to just restore from Backup. Are you sure it is mobilesafari.app which is screwed up?
  6. Jarlath

Except for the fact that Reflective Dock had an update today... the same day Safari stopped working. Unless Apple pulled a killswitch on anyone jailbroken, which would explain why some people are still good (they didn't have their killswitch on).

The timing's a little coincidental, especially with a bunch of people suddenly reporting problems with Safari crashing.
  7. jesus_bon_jovi

jesus_bon_jovi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just got some new news.. Would any of you having Safari crashing today be using a 'modified' version of AdBlock or even Adblock itself? Someone else mentioned uninstalling AdBlock fixed Safari crashing today. Is anyone else discussing this? Can anyone link me to the discussion?
  8. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Member

Device:
    iPad
    Had the same problem, after thirty minute of trying, I shut the wifi off, turned it back on, and Safari worked lol.
  9. Jarlath

I think the problem may be that AdBlock could be going to CocoaMug's website to get subscriptions... and their site's dead, so if it has to go there first to update.. it ain't getting anything. And then crashes the browser out of spite.