Safari and online Java apps....can I installl them locally?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Captain*, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well I have been searching around for a solution and within cydia are various java apps, im installing atm but from looking online and scowering the website I can come to the conclusion that this java app im installing allows the user to upload java applications to their ipod and use them.....I really want to be able to use a java chat room that I use quite a bit as MSN ect. is not appropriate.

Is their anyway that this app can be ported to safari use or is their a way to download and use the java app of the website on my ipod itself as i assume the java app will have access to the interent if installed locally on the ipod, thanks

Curt G

ps: btw im using java/iphone and jikes (comes with classpath and other java apps / addons)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    well i managed to get the java app, it was a .jar file and i dont think this will work, as from what i have seen its only able to run .java apps in terminal, i will however keep progressing with it to see if i can run the jar extracted on the ipod using terminal, if i can then i will post up how for you java lovers out their

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Samm

Samm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Keep me updated

Please Register or Log in to view images

Im interested in Java games ;0
  3. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    well i dont have a mac so i cant install the SDK and use it, and their no way im gonna buy 1 and i CBA to dual boot with osx86 if i can find a SDK thats "legit" for windows so i can implement some sort of java work around id give it a shot, even if its making a single java applet to run as a seperate app as this could then be implemented into a selection GUI and bam, java for ipod / iphone

wish me a hell of a load of luck as im absolutley terrible @ programming and my knowledge is limited xD

edit: tbh i dont see me getting very far, i will play around with the java app i have atm and see if i can somehow convert java .jar's into .java applets and then try and run it as a GUI but i doubt this is possible, but then again you never know.....