Sad to Say!

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by The Crow, Mar 15, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I have only been a member for about a month and have noticed many sad members, many spitting out all kinds of swear words and for a family site this is not acceptable! Also many member who are Addicts or Admiers , just coming on to knock other members or just shutting them down instead of helping or giving suggestions to their questions. Too much negativity and that is poor site management, and the thing is that this is most likely the only good site dealing with iPods and I am very discouraged in staying here if I continue to get the negative comments and all the swearing. I am not that old (30), and I have nieces (10-16yrs old) and there is too much swearing on this site. So either management needs to get on the site more often and watch the posts on the site and watch certain members, and I know you catch the many members who use the words that may cause your site to get closed but the other things I have mentioned may cause many members to leave.

Thanks, The Crow

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

I don't think there is too much swearing, but that is my opinion..........
  3. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

actually, most people who use vulgar/bad language get warnings, if you havent noticed. this site has great management with amazing mods. you need to take a better look around. yes sometimes maybe something is overlooked but remember, this forum is HUGE! there are not enough mods to control every single thread.

if you are not happy with this forum, go ahead, leave. there are many ipod forums out there. this one is really the best, but we cannot stop how you feel.

if you have any issues with a post, report it! someone will get to it eventually!
  4. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    As I mentioned when we exchanged private messages, report the posts and disciplinary action will be taken. What purpose does it serve to post a thread about it, other than another installment in daily complaints about the staff?
  5. Meyer

Meyer Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh. so this is why so many people got banned in that thread about infractions. The Crow asked that the mods do more cleaning up the language.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    well its a fact that not everyone can be pleased at once. some people are going to complain no matter how good things get around here. besides, trying to clean up the internet is like, well, trying to clean up the internet.
  6. bgizzle

Device:
    iPhone 6
    In fact, our rules prohibit obscenity already. It's just not brought to our attention often enough.
  7. Meyer

Meyer Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well im sure that you "patrol" the threads. keeping an eye out for rule breakers. or does it HAVE to be complained about before action is taken.
  8. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

I used to report posts for people swearing because of all the younger ones on here and nothing was done so I stopped.
  9. bgizzle

Device:
    iPhone 6
    we patrol the threads but there are thousands of posts per day, so we are not likely to catch everything unless it is reported.

also, something IS done when things are reported. it's not instant, because believe it or not, we have lives!
  10. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Sorry to say that in the past 3 days I came across 7 postings with vulgar language and they were not banned, yes the ones that say words that suggest certain programs illegally are banned right away. The thing is , is this is a family site and if you can't patrol the F bombs and other language than that is upsetting and I don't want my 10-14yr old nieces on here. This is not a school yard chat room and NO language of any sort should be defended, and I belong to other sites not about iPods and they control foul language that moment it is used (banned or 24hr). I got banned for using 1 program language and it was my first and I got banned right away not warned, so this is my opinion and I am not knocking all Mods. or Admins. but someone needs to step up to clean this site up (sorry). If you put up with foul language than you might as well put up with the h*** words too!
    The part about you having lives does not account for anything, there should always be some type of Mod or Admin on the site everyday because this site is like your business and you would not like your employees (members) saying things to make your business look bad would you?
    Thanks Smithy, because I have to 2 times and nothing was done because I saw that member the same day back on again and not even a 24hr ban and I don't want to be reporting these members every half hour too because it will take up my time to help other members or receive help from others.