Russian steve jobs pic-won't restore tried everything

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by clownbaby07, Jul 12, 2009.

1. clownbaby07

clownbaby07 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys, I've got a 1g ipod touch that won't start up. It shows a pic of steve jobs saying some russian text which through my research seems to be the restore mode screen. The only problem is that it won't restore. I've tried on multiple computers, different USB ports, wiped all itunes software, DFU, everything I've heard, but it always comes up with error 1604. When I try to restore the screen turns white for a minute then the apple logo shows up for quite a while, then I get the error 1604.

Thanks, all help is very much appreciated!

UPDATE: Just got error 1603, don't know if that means anything different
  2. iZ3RO

iZ3RO Member

Device:
    iPad
    1604 is a DFU issue.
    Do it again and DFU correctly...
  3. clownbaby07

clownbaby07 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it's been a long time since i've done any of this ipod stuff, but to put it in dfu i just hold power and home till black screen, then release power and hold home til itunes recognizes it right? ive done that over and over
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. clownbaby07

clownbaby07 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yup that's what i've been doing, thanks though. gorillaz kick ass.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i read somewhere that it could be that my battery is dead, my friend took the back off and said it looked way fried but who knows... is it possible that that's the problem?
  6. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try charging it for a few hours. BTW you cannot take it to apple if the NPEBEA picture is there. They will know it is/has been jailbroken.
  7. clownbaby07

clownbaby07 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i just found this method in another thread

#2 Report Post 2 Weeks Ago
    SpeedOlight
    iPod touch Amateur

try this method.

Fix error 1604

make sure all instances of itunes related is closed.
    Connect ipod touch to computer.
    Put to DFU Mode and open up itunes ( it should say ipod is in recovery )
    do a shift+restore to firmware of choice, (i did this from 2.1.1 to 2.2.1)
    wait until ipod touch turns to white or black doesn't matter ( Preparing to Restore )
    then CTRL+Alt+Delete (open up task manager)
    Close off Itunes.exe and IpodService.exe (itunes should close while ipod is still in recovery)
    Quickly Switch USB Port of Ipod Touch to other port.
    Open up itunes ( it should say ipod is in recovery )
    then now do a Shift+Restore again and it should work.

I've tried it a few times it's not working but it seems plenty of other people with this problem fixed it that way. When i shift click restore there arent any firmwares for me to choose from though so ive just been normal clicking it and hitting restore and update

I'm also trying iboot but i hardly know anything about it let alone how to work it, there's a tutorial in the readme though. too bad i cant even extract the files to even try it!!!!
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The Steve Jobs image is a custom boot-logo payload used in one of the jailbreak GUI's. You need to get your device into DFU (which can be difficult). There's a link in my sig. Keep on trying different methods and repeat them until you get a result. A b┼člank screen is a sign you're in DFU.

Your battery will only be fried if your device powers down soon after you disconnect it from the USB or wall socket and then only powers back on when you reconnect it.
  9. ipodtouch2guser

ipodtouch2guser Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This happened to my friend like 2 months ago all he did was put it in dfu mode like 8 times and finally it worked then he restore so just keep trying dfu ova and ova
  10. clownbaby07

clownbaby07 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so i have it plugged in but not recognised, then i put it into dfu and it comes up in itunes but ipod still has a black screen. i click restore then the message pops up talking about restore and update stuff and i click restore and update. my ipod screen turns white right about the time itunes says preparing ipod for restore (after extracting software, or whatever it says), then apple logo shows up for a bit, then screen turns black, all during "preparing ipod for restore". Is everything going the way it's supposed to?

UPDATE just noticed that the whole time the above process is going on, the tones that indicate it's been connected/disconnecting are going. when the apple logo comes up after the white screen while itunes is preparing ipod for restore, the disconnected tone plays and ipod screen goes black. shortly after, the error comes up.