Russian Songs - ID3 Tag

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shriramrs31, Nov 19, 2008.

1. shriramrs31

shriramrs31 New Member

Anybody out there tried Songs titles (and other ID3 tag info) in russian (cyrillic) alphabets.

I have some russian albums, the song titles and other info seem to be displayed properly in cyrillic in windows, but the moment i import it to iTunes, i see only garbage characters. The same gets synced to my iPod.

I even tried changing the iTunes language to russian, it displays everything in russian(menus and stuff) except these song titles.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as i hate seeing garbage characters for my song titles and album info in my pod

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks
  2. noamhir

noamhir Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You should be happy you could see letters at all.. Hebrew letters are replaced with long spaces.. damn the unsupported languages..
  3. shriramrs31

shriramrs31 New Member

Vow !!! So much for my luckiness

Please Register or Log in to view images

I deleted all the Leningrad songs, switched the language to russian, made a restart, then tried importing these songs again. The wonderfully displayed russian characters in windows explorer, is just translated to garbage by iTunes while importing. Really Horrible. I thought the iPhone OS is mature enough to eliminate these kind of basic failirues !!!!!

This is reallly horrible.
  4. ryepeppy

ryepeppy New Member

I have Russian and Ukrainian songs on my iPod, all of which are displayed correctly in Cyrillic.

In Windows Explorer, the information was displayed in Cyrillic, but when I imported them to iTunes, the information was displayed as "garbage characters". All you have to do is set your keyboard language to Russian, or whatever language, and type in the title, artist, album, etc yourself. Then sync to your iPod.

Hope this helps!