Runtime apps wont install =(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ruisu, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Ruisu

Ruisu New Member

Recently my installer.app wont install any runtime apps such as Perl etc.
    I recently was trying to set up a CGI proxy on the touch so went to download Perl for it to work. It would download fine but when it went to install installer.app would crash and springboard would startup. I tried downloading and installing it again but yet the same problem would arise. So i thought that it may be clashing with the PHP runtime installation so I uninstalled PHP and then tried Perl once again yet to come across the same error. So I gave up on Perl and went to re-install PHP but now It won't install =( so either I'm unlucky or installers just being Gay. The one and only thing I regret having to do is to re-jailbreak my iPod for something like the 100th time since its beginning to become really frustrating with all the pitty errors that arise now and then that can only be solved by doing just that. So if anyone can help that would be great.
    Some solutions I have tried but failed is refreshing the sources, and rebooting the ipod. And also before anyone suggests moving my apps to the larger partition that has already been done.

*Edit*

I figured it out, the problem was the partition so i'm slightly contradicting myself now. I had to move the "opt" directory into the larger partition and create a link between the "/" directory and the "var" directory so now everything works fine. I'll keep this post here for people who might come across the same problem.
  2. lolokopo

lolokopo New Member

hey i think i have the same problem. When I try to install applications, it downloads the package and then it goes to install but before it progresses any further it goes back to spring board. And I'm on a 1.1.2 itouch and I'm a noob, but I can learn pretty fast.
  3. BMANZZS

BMANZZS New Member

Same here... I'm on 1.1.3
  4. lolokopo

lolokopo New Member

Haha can anybody help us?