Running out of space....

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kclives, Nov 23, 2007.

1. kclives

kclives New Member

Hi my iPod touch keeps telling me I am running out of space and to delete vids/photos, I assume this is because of the apps I have installed. How can I get around this. Thanks

PS I have 1.1.1 and am using CuteFTP.
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. kclives

kclives New Member

Thanks I found that, but i wondered if there was any way using CuteFTP?
  4. kclives

kclives New Member

5. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey guys I've got a problem... I did what the link showed and I did see the message at the end lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 25 Oct 12 22:31 Applications -> /private/var/Applications plus other stuff....(I used Putty to SSH iTouch) anywayz I noticed when I went back to CuteFTP(SSH) and went into the folders I noticed my application folder did not move, it was still in its original place. So I looked into the private/var and application folder was there... So now I have 2 application folders in 2 different areas. So I tried to install a .app from the installer to test it and well I installed bard.app and I went back into the CuteFTP and looked in both of the applications folders in both different directories and bard.app was installed in both directories. So basically Im saying I have 2 of the application folders and installing the apps still goes to the original application folder and the new location of application folder.... Is there anyway to fix this???? or what did I do wrong????

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. kclives

kclives New Member

Thats how it should be i think, one of them is only an "image" of the other.

Any idea hw do do it in cuteftp?
  7. hyung

hyung New Member

Hey, I started a wiki page on apps that do/do not work on this. It's minimal right now but it might save future people a lot of annoyance. Not sure if something like this already exists. Apologies if it does, but I wasn't able to find it:

http://tinyurl.com/2eyauc [the wiki here]