Running out of space message even though ipod has over 14 gigs available?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by abacus01, Oct 16, 2007.

1. abacus01

abacus01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ever since I jailbroke the ipod touch it shows 14.6 gigs or whatever as being available. Yet I've added about 10 applications and now when I try to add more it tells me Im running out of space? Is there a space limit where the apps are and is there a way to repartition it to allow for more space. It tells me to delete photos or video which I dont have?. Is anyone experiencing the same problem? and how did you get around this? thanks
  2. mepman

mepman Banned

3. abacus01

abacus01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks mepman

thanks mepman I'll try it and report back...
  4. abacus6969

abacus6969 New Member

hmmm..seemed to work except still limited space

Hi,
    I did everything in that thread and my space went from 16.1 MB to 43.3 MB available. I thought it would give me access to the full 14 + GIGS?...is that correct?
  5. bndeac

bndeac New Member

mine says 43.7, but it never goes down. install something big and see if it changes. if it doesn't change you have all the space you need.
  6. nxtlidenno

nxtlidenno New Member

funny I did the work around but i keep running out of space what gives? I see the symbolic link and the applications folder is in the private var folder but the space keeps running out.
  7. ramey

ramey New Member

Installer checks how much free space "/" has which is root, not your media partition where the symlink is so its still going to display the "/" space left.
  8. abacus01

abacus01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    space limit changed for me

Okay it did go to 43 MB approx. But now I've installed some additional apps and the space counter only shows 41 available..so its not unlimited in my case? anyone else experience this?
  9. nxtlidenno

nxtlidenno New Member

Yeah its still running out of space even after the work around so this is going to suck unless there is another place we can put the app folder that it wont run out. I see though that it only affects the installer app. because manually adding apps didnt change my remaining space .