running out of solutions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chuck129, Oct 4, 2009.

1. chuck129

chuck129 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well i jailbroke my ipod touch last night using redsn0w on the 3.0 firmware, everything was working properly, I didnt bother to add any apps since it was already late, but I did add some songs and clips of Top Gear.

But when I go to use it this morning, nothing. I have been trying to fix it for the past 9 hours to no avail. I came across many topics about it being 'bricked', but I'll refrain from using that term since its not possible to brick it.

Its been stuck at the black screen, i tried 2 computers, both of which would not recognize it connected, i downloaded and installed iTunes 7.5, 8.2, and 9.0, neither of which seemed to do anything, I checked my drivers, connected my other ipods (all of which were recognized and are functioning).

It doesnt do a thing when i try to do a reset, I can't get it into dfu, since it wont even power on, and i cant restore it since it does absolutely nothing when plugged into any computer, using any usb port, using 3 different cables, or even the wallcharger.

I just cant think of a thing to resolve this. It was working perfectly fine, no freezing, no glitching, nothing. And now this happened. Now its just a fancy paperweight.

And yes, i did try searching, but i just cant find a definitive solution to this problem.

These are the topics ive read; here, here, here, and here.

Any solutions to this would be greatly appreciated, I have tried and so far im not getting any results.
  2. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    sounds like your battery might have died. like not discharged but just stopped working all together.
    also try using a wall charger
  3. DazedUp

DazedUp New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    uninstall your usb driver, than reinstall it, your computer will recognize your ipod as a new ipod should work
  4. chuck129

chuck129 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's not the computer. I tried on a mac and three other laptops, all with iTunes and nothing happened.

I've left it on a wallcharger for the past 12 hours and still no luck.

It still has about 4 months left on the warranty. Can I still send it to Apple, even though I bought it used and it's still registered to the previous owner? I know they can't tell it's jailbroken if they can't turn it on.