Running out of memory (NAND FLASH)

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by tinyman392, Apr 8, 2010.

1. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I didn't know exactly where this goes. Didn't find anything when I searched. This is NOT a mod. It DOES NOT require jailbreaking or anything special. It just requires that you have an iPod (I only know this will work with the iPod Touch / iPhone, but others most likely are supported), and iTunes 9.1 (Sorry Windows users

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

So let's get crackin':
    -Open up iTunes and plug in your iPod/iPhone.
    -You're main iPod screen will come up (Notice anything different?)
    -There should be a check mark for "Convert high bit rate songs to 128kb AAC" (or something similar).
    -Check this box.
    -Click sync, it will save up LOTS of memory.

Personal information:
    -I had 2.5-3.0GB of music on my iPod, now it's about 1.7GB (Yes, I had lots of high quality music

)
    -This is from personal experience (may differ from person to person), I didn't notice a quality drop (going from mp3 to AAC) Actually I noticed my music got louder (that's just me most likely).
    -If you are converting from AAC+ (256kb AAC) to AAC (128kb) then you may notice a small quality drop (again, I didn't notice this, I do buy some stuff from the iTunes store).

Enjoy

*For forum mods, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to put it where it should be and punish (*gulp*) me accordingly (But you I do get a punishment, let me know where it goes so I know next time

).
  2. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Problem is, you must sync your device. Anyone in their right minds does not use Apple's proprietary syncing. It delete's stuff not already synced on the device like extra apps, pictures and whatnot.