running out of application capacity ...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by phonebook, Dec 30, 2007.

1. phonebook

phonebook New Member

G'day guys,

I just got a message after installing some apps on my ipot that said "warning, you are running out of disk space, please delete some music and videos" or something similar to this.

The truth is, I have about 6 gig left on my touch. I have barely anything on it. So im geussing that i'm approaching the application limit. Does anyone know what the limit actually is ?

And why have I seen plenty of jailbroken ipods with heaps more apps then mine. Unless all those people ssh'd their way out of the limit.

so my question is : Have I truley reached my application limit ? and Is there anything i can do besides sshing into my ipod ? or is this just a warnig message that pops up for fun ?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks guys
  2. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

I have the same thing happen to me too. I think it's just some kind of glitch, i've got gigs left of space, and i've added heaps of things since it started saying that and it's still not given me a message that it's full so i'm guessing that it's just a glitch.
  3. mombopete

mombopete Member

It doesn't matter if you have 6 gigs left on your ipod. Applications are stored on a different partition of your ipod. I would install the bosstool or try to move the fonts. If you do either of these or both you will never get that message again. You can do a search to find out how to move the fonts. You have to add the Big Boss Source to install BossTool. I would check the forums just so you know what you are trying to do.
  4. Pezmaster1

Pezmaster1 New Member

im sure all the things you have installed off the installer go into the other files section on itunes.
    seems to go up wen i d/l something
  5. mombopete

mombopete Member

They do go up when you install something. You only have around 300 mb in the one partition. If you relocate the fonts or the apps you should never run out of space unless you completely fill the ipod with music, photos, and movies. Relocating these puts them in the same partition as your music, photos, and movies. Check the rest of the forum.
  6. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does no one do a search?
    Search for BOSSTOOL.

Can we get someone to make a bosstool tread and make it a sticky. I swear there 100 of these threads all over the forum.
  7. sangesf

sangesf New Member

Wow if there was only a stickied Guide for the moving of apps and fonts.....

Oh wait! There could have been one stickied... I wonder why they didn't do it?
  8. GoffeyUK

GoffeyUK New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i had the same message too, i just ignored it and haven't had the problem since.

Since that, i've installed 3 emulators, 5 apps, 2 films