Running Jiggy directly on itouch

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by spinner, Feb 1, 2008.

1. spinner

spinner New Member

So I start checking into jiggy, but I don't have a pc so I couldn't use it.....or could I? I lauched it from mobileterminal with & at the end to make it a background process. That way I could keep the jiggy server running while I use dock to launch safari. I go to my page, and it asks me to log in. Which I do. Then it loads 80% of the page and then asks me to login again. I try, but every time I enter the info, it flashes back to the jiggy page, then asks me to login again. A continueous loop. Untill it finally gives in and just stays on the jiggy page. But none of the links work. Can anyone help me out? Imagine, creating jiggy apps on the fly! C'mon devs, help my out on this! (yes, I am entering the right info, and I have all other servers and plugins toggled off)
  2. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Cool could u tell me what exactly to do
    to get it to the point you did? That way I might be able to help
  3. spinner

spinner New Member

Well, I just launched it like any other app,

cd /Applications/Jiggy.app
    ./jiggy &

Notice the space and the & after ./jiggy? That makes it run as a background process. It will then launch jiggy, and pressing the home button will NOT exit the app! Thats why you need dock, 1: to launch safari, 2: to launch sysinfo.app to kill the jiggy process without having to restart your pod. (when your finished with jiggy of course)
  4. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    is dock working in 1.1.3 it isn't for me
  5. spinner

spinner New Member

No, I don't think it does. Anybody help?
  6. spinner

spinner New Member

C'mon! We've got a whole elite team. I know someone besides nickll9009 and me wants this! Jiggy on the fly!
  7. Commander147

Commander147 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When I try thoose commands in terminal all get is a permission error. All I want to know is how to just use jiggy i already set it up but I can't do anything. The homepage doesn't even have a tutorial yet any help? Btw are you entering thoose commands in terminal?
  8. spinner

spinner New Member

Yes, I'm entering the command into terminal. All you habe to do if you have a pc is launch jiggy, enter the address it gives u at the bottom into your browser, and login when u get to the site.
  9. Commander147

Commander147 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok I see what you mean about it asking for you to login like a million times after it reaches 80%. The only way I see this as working is if a version of jiggy is released without login protection. Then again there might be an easier solution. Anybody else have anything to say? Btw it is ./jiggy not ./Jiggy lowercase for anyoneout their who couldnt get jiggy to run from terminal.
  10. spinner

spinner New Member

Yea, someone should make an unprotected version of jiggy. Either it's that, or it's having an app (safari) open on top of another app (jiggy) if we could run the jiggy server without the graphics, safari might not give so much trouble.