Running app.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by stevethedino, Mar 28, 2009.

1. stevethedino

stevethedino New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ive been looking for a running app for a while to track my runs, right im trying to use runkeeper (i even bought the $10 one) and it still doesnt work. It never gets a good gps signal even when im out on a street, and when i put the filter down it gets a signal but it doesnt even track my distance at all! Im wondering if you need an iphone for this app? does it work for the ipod touch(2g)? also im wondering which running apps you guys would recommend, that can actually track my runs. Thanks!
  2. EugeneO

EugeneO New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I believe there is no GPS on the iPod Touch. I use RunKeeper on my iPhone 3G and it works great. Hope you find one that works for you.
  3. stevethedino

stevethedino New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea

thats what i kind of thought. whenever im not connected through wifi none of my apps update and i cant use gps. but does any have any ideas on how to fix this? or apps that would work? thanks.
  4. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  5. stevethedino

stevethedino New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nike+

do they make nike + for ipod touch? ive seen the app in my settings but not on my actual spring board.
  6. danny999911

danny999911 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    gps

iPod touches don't have GPS, they can locate themselves when they are on a wifi network, but when you take it running, outside of your wireless network, it cannot see where it is. Your best option is to get nike+ because the ipod touch 2g has support for that, although you can't see where you've been running etc as it has no GPS chip.

And stevethedino - you have a ipod touch not an iphone - of course none of your apps will update when your not on wifi as wifi is the only way an ipod touch can connect to the internet or locate itself.
  7. Hyperstrike

Hyperstrike New Member

For Nike + iPod you go to settings, Nike + iPod on the bottom, turn it on, and then an icon will appear on your springboard.
  8. stevethedino

stevethedino New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks everyone. i got the nike+ sensor yesterday for $20 i tried walking around with it, but i haven't actually used it for a run yet. thanks.
  9. Sarah_girl1994

Sarah_girl1994 New Member

What is nike + i can't find it anywere?
  10. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Sarah, I know you're new but it is against the rules to bump threads over one week old.