Run RS Through PSP Serial [not USB]

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Bi0hAzArD, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Bi0hAzArD

Bi0hAzArD Member

I know that it's not possible to send "run rs" from a psp through usb, but what if a serial connector was made? (next to the headphone jack) All we would need is a terminal like program to send "run rs" through serial. Kind of like MuscleNerd's ipod to ipod cable. Here's a link to the pinout and information.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Code:
    Pin	Internal wire	Function
    1	Brown wire	Microphone input (decouple with a capacitor against audio ground)
    2	Blue wire	Digital ground
    3	Orange wire	TXD
    4	Green wire	Sense?  Grounding this pin wakes PSP from standby.
    5	Yellow wire	+2.5V
    6	Grey wire	RXD
    Tip	Pink wire	Left audio
    Ring	Red wire	Right audio
    Sleeve	Black wire	Audio ground

2. .xLr8™

.xLr8™ New Member

dunno im not a hardware guy..
  3. Xx-pFizZLE-xX

Xx-pFizZLE-xX Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I wouldnt mind this either, because I have a hacked psp phat. lol [Gotta love the classics haha. IR port rules in the classroom ]
  4. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Then why the hell would you post ?
  5. Bi0hAzArD

Bi0hAzArD Member

Yep, I've had my psp-1001 since day 1, march 24, 2005. It's kind of dieing though, but this will resurrect it. And it's hacked at cfw 5.02 gen-a (full). I'll probably go back to m33. I still have my remote cable, but I'll probably buy one online to cut it up.
  6. NobleRooster

NobleRooster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You're not contributing anymore by the only point of your post being pointing out how he didn't, so I pose to you, "Then why the hell would you post?"

But I could see it possibly working. The main thing is getting something to run the run rs command through serial. I have a PSP (unfortunately the joystick is f***ed up on it though, constantly moves the cursor down and have no idea how to fix it) and would be happy to test if someone were to come up with something. Another thing, I'm looking at the pins in the first post, I'm not seeing how exactly it would be sent by serial on those pins.
  7. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My PSP is F*cked up, analong moves but itself

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can fix that you know...that means your little plastic conductor thingy is broken inside the analog or is loose.

Anyways, you could definitely do this...you'd just need some soldering skills and you would either need one of those PSP headphone remotes or some wire off the internet. Plus, you might have to write a homebrew program.
  9. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No you dont, you just had to dissasemble it and clean the joystic connection. There are guides on youtube.

Also why cant you use usb? It would be alot easier than try to build a serial connector. Someone could right a plugin which overrides default usb when needed.
  10. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Because the PSP is not a usb host.