Run-rs Mod Without Re-jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Sportsmaniac1322, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When Musclenerd first gave the instructions for the run-rs mod, I asked if you had to re-jailbreak to apply it, and he said no and that he would write on how to do that soon. I've been gone ever since then and skimming through the threads I haven't seen anything related to that. So is it possible to apply the run-rs mod without re-jailbreaking yet?
  2. Protocol7

Protocol7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The Run RS mod requires a modification of the firmware .ipsw upon restore. It's entirely possible to overwrite the files that are patched on an already jailbroken device, definitely. But it's highly probable that they have no clue which files to overwrite/they don't have any copies of the files to overwrite.
  3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Yes it's possible. I'm trying it now so just wait.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the fast responses. Let me know if you get it working shortperson1026. What method are you trying to get it working with?
  5. Anton2079

Anton2079 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I tried to do so but i got an itunes error 6
  6. MuscleNerd

MuscleNerd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The "bare-bones" explanation for how to do it without touching your existing main filesystem were posted in the Miscellaneous section of our wiki post. So if you can run with bare-bones instructions, then that's all you need. Otherwise, wait a day or two and the coders here will probably convert it into simplified instructions

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks MuscleNerd. That's all I need right now to tide me over a few more days. Once some simplified directions come out I'll apply the mod and hopefully have my iPod ready by the time you release your dongle tutorial. Again, thanks a lot!