[Rumour] - Apple to take over Adobe Systems, Disney or even Sony.

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by austers, Oct 25, 2010.

1. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I’m taking this with a pinch of salt at this time, but speculation that Apple may be on the verge of making a hugely important acquisition are just beginning to cross financial market news wires this morning.

These rumors follow weekend reports that Apple may be planning to make a bid for Facebook — though Facebook has reportedly rejected such assertions.

Financial wires are reporting that market speculation now claims Apple could be on the verge of acquiring Adobe Systems, Sony or even Walt Disney!

This follows reports in 2006 which also claimed Apple may be interested in purchasing Disney. However there was no strength to these claims. Apple CEO Steve Jobs also sits on Disney’s board and is the biggest individual shareholder in Disney, following the Pixar acquisition.

That Apple is in the mood for investing in new technologies and streategic partnerships is pretty clear — after all, the company now has former Goldman Sachs investment banker, Adrian Pericaa man who is tasked with looking into such deals full-time.

With $51 billion in its war chest and a market value that rates Apple as the biggest company in the US, Steve Jobs and his executives can think the unthinkable when it comes to making an acquistion. Though it is unlikely they’ll make any moves unless they provide clear and swift strategic advantage.

[9to5mac]
  2. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Hmm it would be a very wise move. Realisticly The only one I can see them buying over would be adobe due to their flash issues. But the other two not so much. why would they need to they are bigger than Sony and what would be the point of buying Disney ?
  3. crazytrain320

crazytrain320 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I'm kind of skeptical. They would have an empire if they did that.
  5. makeitso1

makeitso1 4000th Follower of iFans on Facebook

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would not want to see Apple run these companies. They are doing fine competing on their own.
  6. username_

username_ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You do realize that this thread is a year old right?
  7. makeitso1

makeitso1 4000th Follower of iFans on Facebook

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    My two cents has no time frame

Please Register or Log in to view images