Rumors about ZiPhone messing up BL

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by darkscroller, Apr 22, 2008.

1. darkscroller

darkscroller New Member

Good evening everybody!

I'm new to this forum. I searched many days for a good forum for my iPod Touch and I hope I made a good decision to join this one ;-)
    Now my question (I did not find a concrete answer yet):

I read a lot of bad things about ZiPhone. Starting with the hardcoding of the MAC-Adress so that you have problems with more than one iPod/iPhone in a network. It makes absolutely no sense and I hope that this can be fixed.
    Now to the REAL problem. I read that ZiPhone downgrades the Bootloader to version 3.9 so that the iPod/iPhone can be jailbreaked. But "ZiPhone downgrades your bootloader permanently. This cannot be undone, except by physically opening the phone and applying voltage via needles". (Source: http://ipluspwns.com/?q=node/190)
    Can anyone confirm this?

Is there really no way for me to reset my iPod completely now that i used ZiPhone to jailbreak it? If this is true, we should spread this information, so that upcoming iPod/iPhone users do not make the same mistake.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    A big non-issue!
  3. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    only thing i can think of - Restore in DFU mode

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

The iPod Touch is not effected by this, only iPhones. If you are worried about this, try iLibertyX or PWNage Tool. PWNage has the most features but is so far the least stable and may cause "bricks" (allegedly).

Basically this is moot for iPod Touches...
  5. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That stuff is true. Just use iLiberty. Zibri (creator of ziphone) stole code from the dev team (who was working on a 1.1.3 jailbreak) and made ziphone. It's a lot more dangerous and leaves permanent effects on mainly your iphone. All things done by iLiberty are undoable. As for the hard coding of the mac address : that is true as well. All ipods come with a unique mac address. Using zibri's wifi fixer will change your mac address to say zibri in ascii (not exactly sure what it is). What this means is that two iphones or ipods on the same network will not operate properly because they technically have the same "key" to the internet. The baseband crap doesn't apple to the ipod.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    All my devices are pwnd now but I never saw matching mac addresses nor did I have any issues with all of them on the same network so I'm not sure what the deal is. I think the days of Ziphone are over anyway since Pwnage is out.
  7. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    We are talking about ziphone, not pwnage. And you will get a hardcoded mac address that spells Zibri in ascii if you use his wifi fix.
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

All of what you have stated is true.
  9. integra93_4

integra93_4 New Member

The unique mac address is not ture. My daughter has Ipod 1.1.4 and I have Iphone 1.1.4 both are jailbroken by Ziphone and we are on the same wifi network in my house. I don't have any issuse what so ever with neither one of them.

Integra93_4
  10. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

but does this affect ipod touches? or only iphones?