Rumor: Steve Jobs to Appear at August "Special Event"

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by hampstenj, Jul 2, 2009.

1. hampstenj

hampstenj New Member

Several sites are reporting a rumor that Steve Jobs is going to make his first public appearance since his leave of absence at a special apple event to be held in August. Now I know that the trend in previous years was to have the special music event in September... However it seems in my opinion that Apple introduced the iphones in recent years in July, then this year they announced it in JUNE. People can of course correct me for sure if I am off base here, but I would easily think that this event would be the announcement of the new ipod touches???? Here is the link to the report I found first, but it has been posted on several different sites:

http://www.edibleapple.com/rumor-steve-jobs-to-appear-at-apple-special-event-in-august/

Thoughts, could this be a change from getting ipod touches announced in September???????
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They released the iPhone 2G in June, if I'm not mistaken. They released the 3G in July.

They're probably going to keep it September. They might do it in August, since Steve Jobs just came back, but I doubt it.
  3. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It could be August 31st.
  4. hampstenj

hampstenj New Member

Yeah if anything I would think Apple would want to get him out so that he can report that the claims of his death have been over exaggerated like they was LAST YEAR... However I for one can't wait till the new ipod touch comes out, besides it's the ONLY PDA like device out there that doesn't require a 2 year contract to At&t, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Alltel, and the list goes on and on. in fact I was looking for any kind of PDA out there and they said they don't make them anymore, well that was totally wrong with ipod touch, and the ipaq from HP still around, but I for one think that the annoucement could very well be in August, but if I was placing a bet in Vegas on it I'd go for first week of September just like in previous years.