RULES, suggestions

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by plg6067, Oct 19, 2007.

?

what should we do about the rules?

1. Vote on them

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. let the mods decide

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I don't care

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. F@#% rules!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

As we know from the other thread about rules some people don't not like the fact they are not yet posted. They are not currently posted becausee they aren't made all the way yet apparently.
    So what the hell are we waiting for?

First off here are my problems with the rules that I am aware of

-"Do not post advertisements for a product " thats what the whole point of the for sale forum.....
    -also were anrt allowed to have things like referral links, why not?
    -no posting links (or apparently even discussing) links to downloads to copyrighted stuff, again why not?

post your ideas of rules so this site can have some real ones
  2. music4life

music4life Active Member

Please bear with us while in development. These rules are here for you to abide by. You can complain to anyone you want but please don't do it on this thread...if you want to dispute with the rules PM one of us ONCE THE RULES ARE ACTUALLY DEVELOPED.

Thank you.
  3. iPodHacker_

iPodHacker_ New Member

M4L, or any of the other mods.

I have a few suggestions. For one, PM me.

And for your questions (mods if you don't mind)
    Number 1- Because it will turn into spam, very, very quickly.
    Number 2- See Number 1.
    Number 3-...Because it's illegal. It breaks Apple's EULA.
  4. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

this thread was made to develop the rules, how are we going to develop the rules with out talking about them in a forum
  5. iPodHacker_

iPodHacker_ New Member

6. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

CORRECTIONS

1, before mods we didn't have a spamming problem, plus that is STILL the ONLY reason the for sale forum exists.
    3. it is not against the law to post links to copyrighted dls, the is no law agaist it at all, actually following the links and downloading the stuff is different, but that doesnt concern this forum
  7. music4life

music4life Active Member

That is where you are wrong my freind.
  8. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

I am guessing you have never ran a forum site. Let me explain why the rules you stated WILL be enforced. This is not a place to come to advertise for this new site you found that gives away free iPods. That only adds unnecessary distractions to the forums. A small amount of those sites take your information and illegally use it. We do not want to get involved in a law suit because a user on our site posted a link to a Spam website. We can get in big trouble for having posts on our website that violate copyrights. We can get fined or even sued and again we do not want to get caught up in that.

Overall these rules improve the forums. When the rules are posted please respect them. Any forum you go to will have these rules. If you don't like them feel free to leave.

Thanks
  9. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

No, you are not out of line. I do not mind people asking questions. Like everyone else has said we are currently in the process of creating rules for this site. Please be patient it takes time to do these things.
  10. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

as long as your website does not have the files upload to it you won't get in trouble, example cyberserg.com perfectly legal because they just post links to rappidshare....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.