rubiks cube

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by berky93, Nov 23, 2007.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

someone should make a rubiks cube app. I alreadky have a great way for it to work planned out.

you drag a box vertical to move the column, and horizontal to move the row that the box is in.

there would be a horizontial slider on bottom for rotating the cube as well as a vertical one on the side for rotating the cube.

what do you think? someone go ahead and try this!
  2. xxviperzlairxx

xxviperzlairxx New Member

Honestly, that would be fun and cool in my book...

I am not a programmer, but I could probably crudely program this in VisualBasic... Sadly, I cannot do it for the iPod Touch.....
  3. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

Ironically I've been wanting this since day 1 of iPod having. Whenever I think about games I'd want the first thing to float through my head has been "Hmm a rubik's cube would be nice, I never had a chance to play with those much."
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

anone with experience in coding: feeling up to the task of trying to code this? It doesnt seem too complicated, but then again I have no idea what im talking about.
  5. Chris Hale

Chris Hale New Member

Sorry no programming experience but I think I have a better interface design you could try since that one would need a gui and limit you a bit. Why not simply allow the user to spin the whole cube with two fingers and then rotate the segements with a single finger flick?
  6. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you kidding? Im no coder (yet) but this sounds extremly complicated. I mean there is 6 sides and then nine blocks on each side. T
  7. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I wonder how many possible combinations there are on a Rubiks cube? Any math majors out there?.. lets see.. 6 colors, 6 sides, 9 squares per side... whew.. my brain hurts.. lol

I would also love to see this app. When it comes out it would be great if it would save your progress each time you use it.
  8. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    I agree this would definatley be a cool app, but it would probably be realy complicated.
  9. bigbeefyburger666

bigbeefyburger666 New Member

this would be so sweet you wouldnt need a huge arrubics cube in your pocket anymore because you would have in on your little ipod touch someone should do this
  10. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I remember my cousin could solve a Rubik's cube in under 5 minutes, from any scrambled position. I still have never solved one without busting it apart and snapping it back together.. lol