RTS's on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Harry Goldfarb, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Wow that vid is awesome
  3. Tsubame

Tsubame New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think that's actually one of the few game genres that could work really well on the iPad.

Well, maybe point and click type games. Like Machinarium could be awesome on it, or Escape from Monkey Island type games.
  4. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    idk well have to see ... RTS games will work quite well obviously but i think, with the bigger screen size and as the demo of N.O.V.A showed hopefully the ability to move around the controls, FPS's might do quite well for a touchscreen based device but we will have to see
  5. Ckravitz1223

Ckravitz1223 New Member

RTS App

I am currently preparing to develop a RTS App for the iPad. It will be similar to the game Company of Heroes. To check out the website, go here (.com domain coming soon): www.wix.com/syncpro/synchronicity-programing

If you have any questions or concerns you can find my email there. Enjoy
  6. Baracus

Baracus New Member

Hi Ckravitz1223,
    This sounds interesting! It's a bit odd that you are making a game for iPad and your site uses Flash though - so I can't view it ON my iPad!!

Are you going to update the site to avoid needing Flash?

If you want some help making a site PM me!! I'm a freelance web designer...

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Ckravitz1223

Ckravitz1223 New Member

@Baracus

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply!

I have thought about this while I was creating the website. I said to myself, "I love the Wix website builder, but nobody on the iPad or iPhone will be able to view it." I then ce up with the idea of making the website in flash, AND making a Universal App that will be designed just like the website with the same info, pictures, and video.

Me being a completely new developer, I thought this would be a perfect way to practice developing and get my name known.

I also have 3 other games, a few utility apps, and a few productivity apps in mind. Also a social network dedicated to "an undisclosed topic"

Thank you for taking interest in the projects, and I will notify you, personally, when v2 of the website comes out soon. There will be a new design, new interface, more information, and much more.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry for double post, but the "company" name has also been changed to FoxFire. There are three "branches" the come off of it, which will be introduced in v2 of the website.
  8. CaliLove310

CaliLove310 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is Command & Conquer Red Alert for the iPad. I've been a big fan of this ever since Red Alert 2, all the expansions and now Red Alert 3. It's awesome for the iPad.