RSS Reader

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by oggmorg, Sep 2, 2009.

1. oggmorg

oggmorg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hi, im looking for a good way to view an rss feed with my ipod touch, there are some realy great apps out there that are very clever at what they do, but i have a problem, that they only download 15stories at a time, and i can only update my activate my rss app while im in wifi range, so if im out of range for a few hours, they only download the latest 15 stories, and im missing out on allot more.

now i thought google reader would "keep an eye" on my feed while im out of range, and then i could check what has been added to it when i have a connection, sounds good. BUT google only updates the feed every hour, and theres no way of changing it. so again, it updates only the latest 15 stories, on the hour, so again im missing out on stories.

Does anyone know of another online service that monitors rss feeds, and updates every 5-10-15 mins?

thanks
  2. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Safari handles RSS feeds, doesnt it?
  3. oggmorg

oggmorg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it does. but its only when you have connection. by which time you miss out on the last 1000000 posts. rss feeds dont know what you have seen before, they just give out the last "certain" amount..

i need a reader that reads and stores the rss stories every (at least) 5 mins online, so when i have a wifi connection, it gives me every story since i last connected.

anyone??
  4. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch