rslite need help (terminal)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by jkriall, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jkriall

jkriall New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, im having trouble using terminal and rslite because after doing copy.txt and unzip.txt, the ./rslite command doesnt work. It cpmes up with this error:172:~/Desktop/rslite huwhennessy$ ./rslite
    dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libusb-0.1.4.dylib
    Referenced from: /Users/huwhennessy/Desktop/rslite/./rslite
    Reason: image not found
    Trace/BPT trap

Any idea why? I guess its something to do with libusb, but i have downloaded that and put it in...

so close but so far...
  2. AllenH

AllenH Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same problem here. It's fairly clear that it sees the dynamic library, but something else is going on...

I was trying with 10.4.11 with an Intel mac, external drive with rslite on it.

My libusb was installed with fink.

Interestingly, no one has mentioned if a certain version of libusb is needed. Mine is the same version as yours.

is 1.0 required?

I may be giving up- it's late, and well, I can't run the tether on my PPC machine, and that's my main machine... so it may be left for another day...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well, I found an intel binary on the Twain-Sane project page, and installed it on my gf's intel machine. I now get a bus error with the ./rslite command. So, the dylib was the culprit. (or rslite is so light in code that it can't tell you that you have the wrong version or something...)

Yup, a restart doesn't fix the buserror. I'll see about redoing the DFU mode...

nope, no luck.

rslite threw a crash log...

"thread 0 crashed-
    libSystem.B.dylib _malloc_initialize + 992"

So, there's something bad with rslite and libusb going on for me...

so, I'm going to sleep! [ugh]
  3. jkriall

jkriall New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea i get bus error too aswell (after fixing the other error). It must have something to do with 10.4.11. I have tried all i can think of, i have installed about 6 different libusb's, so i dont think its that. Its not my usb ports either, i have tried them all. Im gonna wait for GUI, im fed up of restoring to factory conditions

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. MuscleNerd

MuscleNerd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. AllenH

AllenH Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Excellent- I couldn't find source code anywhere for a recompile.

Thanks!